Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Becoming A Leader

I spent a good 8 months just figuring out my Scentsy business; how to get my name out in the community, how to drum up business, what works and what doesn't, etc. I never tried to "recruit" anyone. I wanted other people to be blessed by this business the way I was, but didn't feel like I was ready to be a leader so I didn't even try. One night in September of 2011 my friend, Sarah, came over as I was packaging up some orders to be delivered. She sat down in the living room floor to help me package them and we started opening all the bars and smelling them. We were having so much fun just sitting there smelling those scents and talking about what they reminded us of! My living room was filled with lots of laughs along with lots of yummy fragrances that night! After that, Sarah was hooked and decided to sign up on my team a few days later! This put me in a leadership position because I wanted her to be successful at this with me, so I started watching leadership videos and joining training calls so that I could better prepare myself for my new position. A few weeks later I checked my Scentsy workstation one day and found that I had a new person join my team! This was someone that had ordered from one of my parties several months before and I had no idea that she was interested in signing up! I was totally shocked and excited!! In the months following, my little team started growing and I now have a team of 7, consisting of a teacher, a pharmacy tech, 4 stay-at-home moms, and a full-time working mom! I am still amazed because I never tried to recruit any of these ladies. All I did was post on Facebook how much I have been blessed with this business! These ladies are awesome and they amaze me everyday! They have made my transition into a Team Leader very easy. I want them to be successful with their businesses and I am willing to do whatever I can to help them through their journeys.

No comments:

Post a Comment